Leena originally hails from Nepal. She is Nepal's first and probably the only News Anchor to work for Indian Television Channels. For her exciting and Successful Media Journey, Leena has been covered by BBC Nepal, Kantipur Publications, Nepal's leading media house, News24, Nepal's famous news channel and several media in Nepal and India. Her articles have been featured on Adgully, DeshSanchar, etc. Indian Women's World Honored Leena has one of the Inspiring Bloggers to look for, in 2019.
In 2018, International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) invited Leena as one of the panelists for its annual event in Amsterdam. Leena has inspired thousands of young enthusiasts in India and Nepal by delivering her speech in colleges and schools, and through her social media posts. She believes in empowering girls and women to chase their ambitions and dreams.
Leena holds MA in Demography from Tribhuvan University, Nepal and MSc in Value Education and Spirituality from Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu.
Here is Leena's Interview with Our Editor Grishma Vijay • Please walk us through your company profile and your services
I run a website named LeenaChitwan which is under my name and the place I originally belong to. The main purpose is to spread goodness on the internet. The website serves informative + motivational content in light-hearted manner.
• How do you feel you are different from your competitors?
I cover real-life tales in the simplest and most readable fashion. The content makes sure that it is understood by each one of the persons who clicks on it. The originality of the content is what makes it unique.
• Did you see any transformation happening for startups, over the years in your field?
Of course. Digital space is changing every single day. Digital media related start-ups are bound to transform themselves according to the rapidly changing content consumption pattern.
• Did everything come easy, or you have your story of struggle?
Being a female, it was not at all easy to convince family that I always wanted to be a media person. The industry was male-dominated and the confidence of female would always be underestimated. I had to struggle a lot mentally and emotionally to prove my worth.
• What kind of clients do you serve, any special mentions?
My content is for everyone. Everyone who is on the internet and believes in making the internet a better place to be on.
• Do you still come back to work with the same zeal, like you did when you started?
Yes. The exciting response I get from my readers keeps me refreshed every day.
• In terms of your market, what do you feel the future holds for entrepreneurs?
Future is exciting and challenging at the same time. Exciting because the dimensions of opportunities have been flourishing massively. And challenging because the competition is going to be the toughest. The content consumers on the internet are going to be smarter than the content creators, so the game is not at all going to be easy.
• How necessary do you feel is it to keep your employees content, how do you ensure it?
• Who is your role model in business/entrepreneurial world and what have you learned from the person?
I follow a lot of people religiously. I have learned how much patience is important for any kind of success, because nothing comes overnight.
• How are you giving back to society (CSR, if any)?
• Apart from work, what else do you like to spend your time doing?
I like spending time reading platforms like Medium, Quora etc.
• How do you see the initiatives of present government with respect to your industry? Have they helped you in any sense?
The initiatives taken under the StartUp India project are appreciable. But I feel the need for effective programs that empower micro enterprises.
• What are the achievements and milestones of the company you work for?
I have just started, so achievements are on the way.
Any Other Start-Ups Co-Founded By You?
Follow Leena @ Social Media
Facebook: Leena Duwadi
Twitter: Leena (@leenachitwan) | Twitter
Instagram: Leena (@leenachitwan) • Instagram photos and videos
Medium : Leena – Medium
Any other: https://medium.com/@leenachitwan